Thank you so much for your interest in supporting Foothills Animal Shelter and the animals in our care! Monetary donations allow us to help the animals where it is needed most, but physical items are desired, too. Below are the wish list items we can use to help the thousands of animals we care for each year.
Baby animals need your help!
Our Shelter’s nursery and foster homes will care for approximately 450 baby kittens, puppies and nursing mother cats and dogs this year. Please help us stock our pantry with the necessities for them to grow into healthy, adoptable pets! Learn more about our Foster Care Program.
We are in particular need of items in the “Health Care & Foster Care” section:
HEALTH CARE & FOSTER CARE ITEMS
- KMR supplemental kitten formula, canned and/or powdered (no 2nd Step, please)
- Esbilac supplemental puppy formula, canned and/or powdered (no 2nd Step, please)
- Purina Pro-Plan or Authority brand canned wet food – chicken & liver entree for cats/kittens; chicken & rice for puppies/dogs
- Clay, non-clumpable cat litter
- Small, low-to-the-ground litter boxes for kittens and adult-sized litter boxes for mother cats
- Sturdy chew toys for puppies
- Training pads
- Clorox and Bleach Wipes (no Lysol)
- Zout stain remover
- High-efficiency laundry detergent
- Distilled water
- Fleece blankets
- HP Ink Cartridges 60Xl Black
HELP WHERE NEEDED
- Gift cards to Petco, PetSmart, Target, Walmart, Home Depot and Lowes.
ANIMAL ENRICHMENT ITEMS
- Dog click collars (no buckles)
- 6-foot dog leashes
- Premier brand Easy Walk harnesses in sizes Medium, Medium-Large, and Large (store locator available at www.premier.com)
- Mesh harnesses in sizes Extra-Small and Small
- Dog toys: Kong products, etc.
- Dog treats, jars of peanut butter, Kong Stuff’N treats
- Cat toys: plastic shower curtain rings, balls, play wands, etc. (no catnip please)
- Small mammal food, houses and toys
- Meat baby food (no garlic and onions)
ITEMS FOR OUR SHELTER OPERATIONS
- Liquid hand soap/sanitizer
- Scrub brushes (all sizes)
- Trash bags (heavy duty)
- Paper towels and facial tissues, such as Kleenex
- AAA, AA and 9-Volt batteries (for microchip scanners)
- New digital cameras
- Memory cards
- Gas gift cards
- Office supplies: file folders, pens, stamps, etc.
Special thank you to Purina who generously donates food for our animals!
HOW TO DONATE
Items can be dropped off at the Shelter during normal business hours:
Monday – Friday: 11 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Saturday – Sunday: 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
We are located at 580 McIntyre Street in Golden (near 6th Avenue and Indiana on the Jefferson County Fairgrounds).
Questions? Contact us at (303) 278-7575.