Low-Cost Spay/Neuter Procedures for Your Dog & Cat
Foothills Animal Shelter provides low-cost spay and neuter procedures for pets throughout the region in an effort to reduce pet overpopulation and the birth of unwanted puppies and kittens.
Thank you for considering to spay or neuter your pet. Not only are you helping with the pet overpopulation issue, but also the health of your animal and certain behavior issues that they might have.
Your Pet’s Age and Vaccinations:
- Animals must be a minimum of 16 weeks (4 months) and no older than 5 years of age to be eligible for spay or neuter surgery.
- We highly recommend that puppies and kittens (4 -6 months of age) are fully vaccinated for Distemper and Parvo prior to surgery. However, if your puppy or kitten still needs it’s third series of vaccines, we can give these at the time of surgery for a fee. Please bring your pet’s vaccination records with you at time of drop-off.
- We also highly recommend your adult animal be vaccinated prior to surgery. We can give vaccinations at the time of surgery for a fee. Please bring your pet’s vaccination records with you at time of drop-off.
Your Pet’s Health:
- We are designed to accept healthy animals for surgeries. If your pet has any underlying health problems, the surgery should be performed at a full-service vet clinic.
- If your pet has been sick lately, it is better to reschedule the appointment than to have the surgery.
Scheduling Your Appointment:
- Appointments for spay and neuter surgeries are made in advance by calling the Shelter at 720-407-5215 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We currently conduct surgeries for the public on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays.
- You can also choose to have your pet spayed or neutered in our Mobile Unit on a first come, first served basis. Click here for dates and locations of our Mobile Unit.
Fees for spay/neuter proceedures at our Shelter:
- Dog: $65 for a neuter
- Dogs: $75 for a spay
- Cat: $40 for either neuter/spay
- For a male pet with Cryptorchidism (a condition in which one or both testicles of your pet fail to descend into its scrotum): $100 for a neuter
- Is your pet 65 pounds or less?
If the pet is under 65 pounds:
- You will need to drop off your pet between 7:30-8:15 am.
- They will go home the same day between 4-4:30 pm.
- One very important thing to remember is that if they are an ADULT, no food can be given after 10 pm the night before surgery.
- If they are a PUPPY or a KITTEN, we would prefer they have food available to them until 6 am the morning of the surgery.
- However, your pet may have water up until 7 am the morning of surgery.
- Please be on time so we will not have to reschedule your appointment.
- Your total fee is due when you drop off your pet.
- Please have your ID available at that time as well.
If your pet is more than 65 pounds:
Unfortunately, at this time we are unable to do surgeries on larger dogs.
The following organizations may be able to assist you:
- Planned Pethood Plus 303-433-3291
- Downtown Animal Care 303-595-3561
- Spay Today 303-984-7729