At Foothills Animal Shelter, nearly 8,000 orphaned animals are cared for each and every year. These animals are safe and sound in a wonderful facility with devoted staff and volunteers watching over them. However, if they could talk, they would still have one wish — a forever home.
Thank you for considering adopting a homeless pet.
You will be making a difference in the life of an animal in need!
The staff and volunteers at Foothills Animal Shelter work diligently to place adoptable animals into loving, permanent homes. We thank you in your interest in adopting a pet from us!
How to Adopt from Foothills Animal Shelter:
- Visit the Shelter or one of our alternative adoption locations to find a pet.
- Once you’ve decided on an animal, you should check with staff to see the status and history of the animal.
- At this time, you can fill out an adoption application and visit with the animal.
- We recommend you bring all family members and other household pets to the Shelter to meet with the animal before you consider adopting. Also, if you rent your home, please bring the pet policy in your lease or rental agreement and contact information for your landlord.
- Once your application is reviewed, you can pay the adoption fees and take your new pet home. Adoption fees include the cost of the spay/neuter and first vaccines, microchip, and health check.
- It may take some time for your new pet to adjust to its new environment. If you have questions or concerns after adopting, please contact us at 303.278.7575.
What to Consider Before Becoming a Pet Owner:
Adopting an animal is a big responsibility and a life-changing decision. It can be a challenging, yet rewarding task to find a suitable match between a potential adopter and the right pet.
Below are some things you may want to consider before adopting:
- Time commitment for daily exercise, care, and enrichment for the lifespan of a pet
- Animal control regulations in your area
- Family members with pet allergies
- The cost of veterinary care, food, grooming, and other necessities
When Adopting an Animal from Foothills Animal Shelter:
- All pets will be SPAYED or NEUTERED before being adopted in an effort to help reduce pet overpopulation.
- All cats and dogs will be MICROCHIPPED before being adopted to help facilitate pets being returned to their homes in the event they are lost.
Please note: Rabies vaccines are not included with your adoption fees; yet, are required by Colorado Law for cats, dogs, and ferrets. The Shelter offers rabies vaccines for an additional cost of $15.